Although this dessert would sometimes be loaded with energy, the trick to retaining this gentle is utilizing very ripe bananas so that you don’t have so as to add an excessive amount of sugar. It’s the perfect dessert each time you could have ripe bananas sitting in your counter begging for use.
Served heat in a crepe topped with a little ice cream of frozen yogurt, you’ll have a very joyful household everytime you make this!
The crepes are straightforward, they’re made within the blender and will be made with any milk, dairy, soy or nut milk. I often use white complete wheat flour, however additionally they work with a gluten-free flour mix.
If you don’t wish to make the entire batch, you’ll be able to refrigerate the crepes and bananas you don’t eat, then reheat within the microwave.
How to Make Gluten Free Crepes:
To make them gluten-free, I had nice success with Bobs Redmill 1 to 1 flour combine. Increase the milk by 2 tablespoons to skinny the batter.
Blender Crepes Tips and Tricks:
- A crepe pan can be utilized, nevertheless it’s not vital, a good 8 inch non-stick skillet with a 6 inch backside will work simply advantageous.
- Wait till the skillet is scorching earlier than including the batter, it is best to right here it sizzle quietly while you pour it on the pan.
- Spray the pan after making each to stop sticking.
- You could make the crepes forward, place on a plate and canopy with plastic wrap then reheat a few at a time within the microwave.
Banana Foster Crepes
For the Crepes (makes 6):
- 1/2 cup all function or white complete wheat flour
- 3/4 cups 1% milk (or milk of your alternative)
- 1 giant egg
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, olive or grapeseed
- nonstick spray
For the Bananas Foster:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salted butter (coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices on the bias
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream (or dairy-free ice cream)
- In a blender, mix flour, milk, eggs and oil till clean.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan on medium-low flame. When scorching, spray with cooking spray to coat backside of skillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe combination into pan, swirling pan barely to make crepe skinny and clean.
- Cook for 1 minute or till backside of crepe is gentle golden brown.
- Flip; cook dinner 30 seconds to 1 minute or till gentle golden brown.
- Set apart on a plate and repeat with remaining crepe combination till you could have 6.
- For the bananas, soften the butter over low warmth in a giant non-stick skillet.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, stir till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, cowl and let the sauce simmer about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced bananas, gently spooning the sauce over each bit and cook dinner for about 2 to 3 minutes, or till the bananas are shiny and coated with the sauce.
- Remove from warmth.
- To serve, spoon a beneficiant 1/3 cup of the bananas within the heart of every crepe and fold the left and proper facet of the crepes to cowl.
- Top every crepe with 2 tablespoons ice cream, and any pan juices from the bananas on prime, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 crepe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 185 energy
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 42.5mg
- Sodium: 49mg
- Carbohydrates: 35.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 19g
- Protein: 4.5g
All photos and textual content ©
Get Juicy 'Entertainment, Fashion and Lifestyle' updates delivered straight to your email.
Thank you for subscribing. Kindly check your email and activate.
Something went wrong. Please try again!